Monday, April 4, 2011

Disclosure . . .

In my email correspondence with several parties, I detected that my motives were being questioned.  Anonymity does breed a certain degree of suspicion.  However, I prefer to remain anonymous precisely because I do not have a particular connection to this individual.  Know that I do not know, have never met, and have no grudge against this individual.  I came across the redundancies when conducting my own research and thought the public should be informed.  After all, educators, above all others, should be held to strict standards of academic integrity, right?

1 comment:

  1. If you want I can provide theses with plagiarism that I did not write about because it would be inconsistent with my motivation. One case demonstrates the surprising conclusion that a student (a foreign naval officer) at a US Naval Post Graduate School can plagiarize freely with no concern for repercussions. I also know about many cases from one engineering department that looks just like what I experienced at OU. One advisor approved the majority of the cases. Let me know if I should send you more info.

    ReplyDelete